Mission & Values
The mission of Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park is to produce bold, re-imagined, entertaining and accessible interpretations of Shakespeare and the classics. We are committed to promoting the highest level of artistic excellence, to cultivating the widest possible audience and to contributing to the economic and cultural growth of our community, state and region through the professional theatre experience and educational outreach programs.
To become a fully professional regional theatre with a national reputation for excellence, while creating an artistic home for professional theatre artists that supports emerging actors and attracts the best artistic staff.
These Values Guide Us in All Our Decisions…
- We believe in creating financial health and stability in order to fulfill our vision and mission.
- We believe in constantly seeking to present work of the highest professional quality, expecting excellence from all company members.
- We believe in originality of thought, depth of emotion, theatrical innovation, and creative risk in all of our work.
- We believe in the continued investment in the growth of our staff, artists, artisans, teachers, and board.
- We believe the inclusion of a diversity of people, ideas and cultures enriches both our insights into the work we present on stage and our relationships with each other.
- We believe in sustaining a safe and supportive workplace where we rely on our fellow company members to work together with trust, respect and compassion.
- We believe in the importance of providing the best possible experience for our audience, whether they are purchasing tickets, seeking information or participating in educational activities.
- We believe that the collaborative process is intrinsic to theatre and is the foundation of our working relationships.